Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's As Good A Place As Any

The morning seemed so different
And I just couldn't take it
Hurray

The bright, warm sun forced slits in my eyes
but I failed to notice
Hurray

The only conscious thoughts in my head
were those leading up to
Today

The hour it was endless
In dreams I was befriended
Today

All my troubles seemed so far away
as tomorrow had rushed in from
Yesterday

I'm sure to stumble, just as sure
As today is just tomorrow's
yesterday

The poem looks fascinating
and I haven't even seen it yet
this evening

Now just became Then
and Soon will be when,
this evening

None of this is a problem
If I remember to be here
Now

_________________________________________
1. Ron S. began poetica on 11/12/'07
2. Adopting an E-phrase, Ron and Angelo carried on. Hurray!
3. Christo's final verse clearly ended the piece on 11/14/'07, at which point Ron S. titled it.

Writers: Ron S., Angelo, Christo, Ethel, Terry

No comments: